Customers supported by the Curatrix family The best way for us to demonstrate to you how our solutions impact a vast range of businesses, please take a look at the case studies below. Given the variety of challenges facing businesses today and the in-depth nature of the technology we use, if you do not find an article you are looking for please email us at email@example.com and we will forward a case study from our archive.
Design & Manufacture
Coopers Fire detectors
During the due diligence process Coopers Fire were struck with a variant of the Onion Ransomware virus and after three attempts at bringing in specialists from more established IT Support Companies in the area, Curatrix Technologies was called to assist.
“We started talking to Curatrix about moving our
out-dated in-house Exchange system to Microsoft
Office 365. Their attention to detail and expertise
meant that when our Exchange server was hit by a
ransomware attack, we asked them to assist.
Within an hour they had secured the system and
over the next few days worked with onsite IT to
ensure security loopholes were closed and offsite
backups were created. Curatrix Technologies then
successfully managed our transition to Microsoft
Office 365 and have become an essential part of our
IT strategy moving forward.”
Chris Gittins, IT Manager
The London School of Economics and Political Science
Previously, LSE had a managed service using IBM’s disc-to-disc-to-tape backup solution, which had less flexibility against today’s enterprise cloud technologies. LSE wanted a solution that was reliable and one that gave faster restore capabilities, plus richer archiving and Disaster Recovery functionality.
Curatrix Technologies had a number of challenges:
• Relatively new in the market, Curatrix Technologies had to prove credibility and depth of knowledge
• Illustrate the business benefits of a managed provider solution
• Match the product to business priorities
• Remain competitive.
Apollo Fire Solutions
Apollo is a business that is heavily reliant on technology and is introducing new applications and software at an accelerated rate. Using a tape based back up system was proving to be unfeasible as urgent or part recovery often did not achieve the results or timescale required.
Their challenge was to find a flexible solution that would restore all critical systems:
• Reduce restore time to hours rather than days;
• Extend back-up timeframes to hours rather being restricted to a 24 hour limitation;
• Introduce more robust data recovery testing with the ability to isolate; and
• Have the ability to effect selective application fail-over rather than full system power-down.
The senior management team at Tempus approached Curatrix with a view to dealing with the following areas of concern:
• IT Support & Leadership Levels – The incumbent IT Support Provider was failing to meet the required basic level of support and was not providing the IT leadership needed from a growing highly regulated business.
• Broadband – Tempus had also highlighted concerns around numerous service outages despite a failover SLA being in place. It was also noted that they were under provisioned in terms of Gbps and as such the office users mainly using cloud-based applications were struggling to get quick access.
• VoIP / Mobile – Tempus had also highlighted concerns around their VoIP provider with the platforms inability to provide the functionality required to meet the FCA and MIFID II regulatory requirements. This functionality focused primarily around the ability to securely record, efficiently store and be able to easily recall calls made whether from a handset, or mobile.